April 5, 2012 By Angela Boothroyd
To zoom off is to leave a place very quickly.
Examples of use:
1. He zoomed off on his motorbike.
2. They had an argument and she ran out of the house and zoomed off in her car.
3. As soon as school finished for the summer holidays we all zoomed off to the beach
4. As soon as this meeting finishes I have to zoom off and collect my daughter from school
5. The burglars zoomed off in their getaway car.
6. At the end of the film the young lovers jumped on their motorbike and zoomed off into the sunset.
||zoom off and zooms off|
Can you write a sentence using this phrasal verb?
Image © Tophee