To write down something (or write something down) is to write something on a piece of paper so that you do not forget it.
Examples of use:
1. They wrote down everything their teacher said about learning phrasal verbs.
2. I wrote his telephone number down.
3. Can you write down a list of things we need to take on holiday?
4. Can you write that down, please? I don’t want to forget it.
5. I’ll read it out, and you write it down.
||write down and writes down|
Write a sentence using this phrasal verb.
What have you written down recently?
Image © Keith Williamson