A shopaholic is a person who loves shopping so much they are addicted to it: they can’t stop shopping.
Examples of use:
1. I love shopping. I’m a shopaholic!
2. They wouldn’t have so many debts if his wife wasn’t a shopaholic.
3. Film title: Confessions of a Shopaholic.
4. News headline: Shopaholic housewife had secret hoard of fake designer clothes.
5. The new shopping mall is a dream come true for shopaholics.
chocoholic or chocaholic- a person who loves chocolate
alcoholic – a person who is addicted to alcohol
workaholic – a person who unable to stop working
-aholic (or oholic) is a suffix used with nouns and verbs to make nouns meaning someone who is unable to stop doing, eating or drinking something.
Are you a shopaholic?
Or maybe a chocoholic? 🙂
Image © Eric Mas