If you rent out something (or rent something out) that you own, you allow someone to pay you money so that they can use it.
Examples of use:
1. They bought the house to rent out to students.
2. He rents his house out to tourists in the summer.
3. The field behind my house is mine, but I rent it out to my neighbours and they keep their horse in it
4. News headline: Londoners rent out ‘royal wedding’ rooms.
5. I am renting out my spare bedroom to get some extra money
||rent out and rents out|
Image © Don O’Brien