To pose as somebody is to pretend to be a particular person or type of person in order to deceive people.
Examples of use:
1. The burglars posed as police officers.
2. He sold stolen credit cards to police officers who were posing as customers.
3. There is a woman going round the hospital posing as a nurse.
4. News headline: US diplomat posed as Korean tourist in undercover visit to China.
4. They posed as students in order to get cheap train tickets.
5. They got into the old lady’s house by posing as plumbers.
||pose as and poses as|
Can you write a sentence using this phrasal verb?
Share your sentence in the comments
Image © ellenm1