To polish off something (or polish something off) is to finish something quickly and very easily; especially a large amount of food, alcohol or work.
Examples of use:
1. That cake looks delicious. We’ll soon polish that off!
2. The children polished off the biscuits in two minutes
3. When he’s watching television in the evening he polishes off three bags of crisps.
4. He polished off a whole bottle of whiskey at the party.
5. She polished off her paperwork before 3pm.
6. Who polished off all the chocolate?!
||polish off and polishes off|
Image © Better Than Bacon