To marry into something (e.g. a family, culture, religion or group) is to become a member of something by marrying someone who already belongs to it.
Examples of use:
1. He married into a very wealthy family.
2. She is marrying into the British royal family.
3. He married into a prominent Chinese family living in Hong Kong.
4. She’s marrying into the military.
5. His ambition is to marry into a very wealthy family.
||marry into and marries into|
Have you ever heard or read this phrasal verb?
Can you use it in a sentence?
Image © firemedic58