To hack into something is to get into someone else’s computer system or online account secretly, and often illegally, in order to look at their information or do something illegal.
Examples of use:
1. Someone tried to hack into my father’s computer yesterday.
2. The office computer was hacked into and all their files have been deleted.
3. A person who hacks into other people’s computers is called a hacker.
4. News headline: ‘Foreign spies’ hack into Australian PM’s computer.
5. They hacked into the Playstation Network and stole customers’ personal data.
||hack into and hacks into|
Image © millionmonkey